I wander'd lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er Illinois and hills,When all at once I saw a crowd,
- A host, of golden daffodils;
Idling and dancing in the breeze.
Continuous as the street lights that will shine
- And twinkle on the Milky Way Highway,
- Along the entrance of a lad:
Tossing their heads in teenage dance.
The adults beside them danced; but hey
- Out-did the sparkling wine in glee:
- In such a jocund company:
What wealth the young to me had brought:
For oft, when on my young lad I lie
- In vacant or in pensive mood,
- Which is the bliss of solitude;
And dances with the daffodils.